YAMAHA MX A5200
MX-A5200 AVENTAGE 11-Channel Power Amplifier
Supreme Power. Engineered to deliver on power and performance, this amplifier harnesses the best in power performance that drives from a technological engineering marvel. Featuring the highest quality in components for amplifiers, pair it with the CX-A5200 AV Preamplifier Processor for the ultimate theater experience.
- 150 W (8 ohm, 0.06% THD, 20Hz-20Hz, 2-ch driven)
- Yamaha engineered toroidal transformer and custom block capacitors
- Power amp with three-stage Darlington circuit
- Noise resistant XLR balanced connection
- Bi-amping channel selector
- Gold-plated speaker terminals
- Bridge-Tied Load (BTL) support
- Auto Power Standby
YAMAHA MX A5200 Feature
AVENTAGE Separates represent the ultimate in home entertainment and Yamaha establishes a new benchmark in performance and innovation with the CX-A5200 pre-amplifier and MX-A5200 power amplifier.
Power and Presence
The MX-A5200 offers 11 discrete channels of amplification with flexible configuration options, delivering an impressive combination of both high power and quality.
Enjoy the flexibility of a multi-zone system or immerse yourself in exhilarating surround sound using any combination of 11 channels.
Ultimate Performance with BTL
To further enhance power capacity, the MX-A5200 supports a Bridge-Tied Load (BTL) configuration for the front two channels. This allows for quality in both sound fidelity and power to the front speakers.
As part of its uncompromising design, the MX-A5200 boasts a specially designed chassis to maximize rigidity and eliminate the effects of vibration.
The MX-A5200 employs a double bottom construction consisting of vibration control plates made of 1.6 mm steel, echoing that of the legendary Z11 AV receiver.
In order to support the heavy heat sinks and other components, a left-right independent construction strengthened by a rigid-frame structure is utilized. The bottom frame reduces the transmission of vibration produced by the large power supply transformer and heat sinks.
The MX-A5200 also incorporates a heavy insulator that blocks external vibration thus improving signal to noise ratios for an ultimate theater experience.
Precisely planned, circuit-routed and designed with a symmetrical power amplifier layout, the MX-A5200 achieves optimal channel separation with left and right sides being both physically and electrically isolated.
This design allows for an improvement in signal-to-noise ratio thus achieving an expansive sound stage and a quality output.
The rear of the MX-A5200 features high-quality, gold-plated terminals that are compatible with Y plugs (spade connectors) for optimal connections with speakers.V
Heavy-Duty Bottom Plate
Stabilizing the chassis is the key to enhanced performance and sound. The MX-A5200 achieves this by employing a thick bottom plate which acts to steady the entire structure and achieve optimal sound.
Balanced XLR Connections
When connecting AV components, electrical noise can be introduced – a result of the connections between them and also from other sources of external noise.
The MX-A5200 utilizes balanced connections for all 11 channels, the same type found in professional audio and theater applications. This is to reduce electrical or any external noise.
Additionally, the alternative RCA unbalanced connections use a ground sensing transmission method that achieves simple balanced transmission.
The MX-A5200 utilizes a high-output, large toroidal transformer combined with two specially developed high-capacity block capacitors to deliver massive power with generous headroom.
A direct effect of this engineering is a minimized energy loss and quality reproduction of sound sources.
Specifications of YAMAHA MX A5200
- Amplifier Section Channel: 11
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven): 230 W (6 ohm, 0.9% THD), 190 W (8 ohm, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 2ch driven): 170 W (8 ohm, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 2ch driven, bridged connection) 240 W (8 ohm, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven) 170 W (6 ohm, 0.06% THD), 150 W (8 ohm, 0.06% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven, bridged connection) 200 W (8 ohm, 0.06% THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA) 280 W (6 ohm, 10% THD), 230 W (8 ohm, 10% THD)
- Dynamic Power / Ch (Front L/R, 8/6/4/2 ohms) 190 / 250 / 350 / 500 W
- Analog Audio Input / Output XLR Balance: 11 / 0, RCA Unbalance: 11 / 0
- +12V Trigger Output Out:1, Trigger in / Through: 1 / 1
- Power Consumption (IR only) 0.1 W (typical)
- Auto Power Standby Yes (ON / OFF switch)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 17-1/8” x 8-1/4” x 18-1/8”
- Weight 58.2 lbs.
- Power Consumption 650 W