YAMAHA A S201
The high sound quality and sophisticated design of the R-S201 is based on Yamaha’s rich experience in high-end model concepts. This Hi-Fi receiver is great for enjoying excellent sound.
- Yamaha high sound quality, created by rich experience and tradition, and high technological expertise
- 40 station FM/AM preset tuning
- Simple and sophisticated design
- Speaker selector and speaker terminals for two systems
- Simple design remote control
- Head phone terminal
YAMAHA A S201 FEATUERS
Yamaha High Sound Quality, Created by Rich Experience and Tradition, and High Technological Expertise
Yamaha, with a long history of 125 years as a musical instrument maker, also has a high reputation for HiFi components. The R-S201 was created by taking advantage of this rich experience and high technological expertise. Based on the concept of “Natural Sound”, for reproducing all music as it really sounds, and built with scrupulous care from circuit design to basic sound production, even though an entry model it reproduces high sound quality and musically rich sound.
100W × 2 High Output Power* and High Sound Quality Circuit Design
The R-S201, with 100W* × 2 high drive power that’s above its class, has a high sound quality design that minimises the length of signal routes and optimises the circuit layout. Positioning the power transformer near the power amp circuit reduces power loss while improving peak power supply capacity to enable high volume output. The signal ground and power supply ground are connected at one point, eliminating mutual interference to achieve a higher S/N ratio. The result is sound filled with clarity and a feeling of openness.
* 8 ohms, 40Hz—20kHz, 0.2% THD
40 Station AM/FM Preset Tuning
You can register up to 40 total FM and AM stations that you often listen to, then conveniently select them from either the receiver or the remote control. Auto Preset lets you automatically search for and register FM stations that can be received in your area. Frequencies appear on the display, so even when you want to listen to a new station, you can easily tune to its frequency.
Simple and Sophisticated Design
The R-S201 inherits the simple and sophisticated design style that Yamaha HiFi audio is famous for. With an elegant hair line finish, it harmonises beautifully with other HiFi audio equipment. The operating buttons and volume knobs also show our commitment to simplicity and ease of use.
Speaker Selector and Speaker Terminals for Two Systems
Equipped with speaker terminals for two systems, this receiver lets you can connect two sets of speakers. The speaker selector makes it easy to switch between speaker outputs, allowing you to hear the sound from one speaker system (A or B) or from both (A+B).
A power management function automatically cuts off the power (switches to standby mode) when the receiver has not been operated for a long time. It can be set to 2, 4, 8 or 12 hours, or off. In addition, power consumption during standby is only 0.5W, achieving good energy saving performance.
Other Notable Features
• Simple design remote control
• Headphone terminal
Specifications of YAMAHA A S201
- Maximum Power (4 ohms, 1kHz, 0.7% THD, for Europe) : 140 W + 140 W
- Maximum Power(8 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD) : 100 W + 100 W
- High Dynamic Power/Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms) : 125 W / 150 W / 165 W / 180 W
- Frequency Response : 10 Hz – 100 kHz (0 ± 0.5 dB / 0 ± 3.0 dB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (CD to Sp Out, 20 Hz-20 kHz) : 0.2%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (CD) : 100 dB (S: 500 mV)
- Input Sensitivity (CD) : 500 mV / 47 kilohms
- FM 50dB Quieting Sensitivity (IHF, 1 kHz, 100% Mod., Mono) : 3 μV (20.8 dBf)
- FM Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo) : 72 dB / 70 dB
- Standby Power Consumption : 0.5 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D) : 17-1/8” x 5-1/2” x 12-5/8”
- Weight : 14.8 lbs.